Sunday, January 15, 2006

Followup of previous post

I was so shocked by that last post I have not been back since. ;)

I haven't been able to stop wondering why it came up either. Besides the posture of Yin Fu Ba Gua itself having the appearance of a person preparing themselves for sex, there was another reason I wondered if Yin Fu Ba Gua was designed for feminine type men.

In old China, it was traditional for the men in the royal palace to all turned into Eunuchs. That means the cut off their genitals. This was done to prevent the man from having affairs with the royal women.

It seems reasonable to think that a kung fu man or martial artist would be a virile man. Someone that a female who wanted sex would find irrestistible.

The story about Yin Fu Ba Gua is that Yin Fu himself or someone else, I forget, was employed in the palace as a royal guard. How did the royal family deal with this? They must have guards for the royal family. They also want to protect the royal women. How do they deal with the potential combination of a horny royal female and a virile martial artist?

By finding martial artists that are homosexuals. If the martial artists are homosexuals, there is no danger to the royal women.

A thorough person might think, "Why not cut off the genitals of the martial artists, just like the eunuchs? Why take chances?". The cutting off of the genitals would affect the entire body. In my opinion, the men would be less effective fighters. The men would become soft in the way that a castrated dog becomes passive and controllable.

It was the combination of the above reasoning, with the oddity of the frankly embarrassing and sexual kind of posture that is contained in Yin Fu Ba Gua.

3 Comments:

Blogger xingyiquan5 said...

The world is still in a state of shock!

Maybe Yin Fu was gay. Hard to say. But lots of guys worked in the Palaces of the kings and princes of China.

Their posture requirements are all fairly normal. Although there are tons of weird Chinese martial arts of course.

So if these other gay guards all had normal looking postures, why would Gong Bao Tian change his method to be more ass out?

Bottom line, you can't tell if someones a queer by how they hold themselves or how they dress or act.

By the way the "Yin" in Yin Fu Ba Gua is a family name and has nothing to do with Yin & Yang Taiji theory.

I think you should just drop the gay thing and get more into the training methods you were working on in MJG's class. That would help all of us who like Ba Gua with more tidbits of info.

-xyq

1:46 PM  
Blogger Happeh said...

"Bottom line, you can't tell if someones a queer by how they hold themselves or how they dress or act.

I think you should just drop the gay thing and get more into the training methods you were working on in MJG's class. That would help all of us who like Ba Gua with more tidbits of info."

I can tell by the first paragraph that you need to take your own advice from the second paragraph.

If you truly believe what you say in the first paragraph, you cannot be very skilled at martial arts.

2:00 AM  
Blogger xingyiquan5 said...

Sorry I'm not that skilled or much of a fighter. Also I don't have much gaydar but I do live in the Bay so there's tons of gays in my life at all times. I just can't tell whos who you know?

What does it have to do with martial arts!?

I'm curious about MJG's training methods and specifics. If you don't want to give them out, cool no biggie. I've got plenty to work on. I'm curious though, and it sounds from what you say that he has good stuff to offer.

Are you suggesting that I post some methods of training? I'd be happy to but it's your blog and I've enjoyed what you've written so far.

NOt sure what you point is here.

-xyq

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home