Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The Cult

As you can see from the time between posts, Mike appears to be doing a good job of distracting me from writing in here. Since I have no way to know who will win this battle, I am going to be posting things willy nilly. The time scale is going to be all over.

----------

At some point in time, Peter began mentioning the word cult. Peter had probably been in class for a year or so before he began to bring up this subject.

Peter was a lawyer. I am guessing that in his social circles, when he talked about Mike and the group, his social circle must have told him it sounded like a cult.

One day Peter brought his father to class. This was really odd to me. Peter must have been 30 or 35 if he was a lawyer. Why was he dragging his father to class like a teenager bringing dad to one of his classes?

Looking back, I have to wonder now if the father insisted on going to see the man who had power over his son. Or I wonder if Peter himself, subconsciously since he was in his 30's, brought his dad along to check out Mike.

As time went by, Peter began to bring up the subject of cults more and more. In the beginning Mike discussed the issue with him. I felt that Mike handled it well. I did not see surprise or discomfort in him. He did not act guilty in any way.

Peter felt like the group was a cult because everyone deferred to Mike and no one talked back to him. It was never said outloud, but I wonder if Peter had ideas about the group being a cult because of the situation with the women.

As I have written previously, the men were not allowed to practice with the women. The atmosphere was almost adversarial. If one of the men approached the women, the women would literally walk away or act like the man should leave immediately. It was the weirdest thing you ever saw. Now, looking back, I can see it was a sign of mental illness on the part of the women. Mike had brainwashed them so thoroughly that they begain behaving erratically.

What is so....funny? sad? insightful? about all of this. The group really did fit the defition of a cult.

Why?

Because Mike was having sex with the women. That is why he kept them separate from the men.

One of the signs of a cult is when the leader of the cult has sex with the women in the group. The cult leader says whatever is necessary to get the women to have sex with him. This includes the single and the married women.

Mike had sex with married and single women in the group. Peter was spot on in saying that the group was a cult.

I didn't know any of this at the time that Peter was talking about cults. It was maybe a year or more later before I found out that Mike was having sex with the women.

I wonder now if Peter had somehow found out about Mike having sex with the women. Peter was more sociable than I was. He had a friendly manner that would encourage people to confide in him. Peter also became good friends with James.

James always kept his head about him around the group. By that I mean he was never completely swayed by Mike. That is why James was considered the troublemaker. Mike could not control him the way he controlled everyone else.

I wonder if Peter and James got together and the discussion got around to Mike having sex with the women. James was there when I joined the group. He would have had more time to observe Mike's behavior with the women. He would have had more time to hear rumors or to observer the interaction between Mike and the women so he could reach the conclusion Mike was having sex with the women.


I always ignored the talk of a cult. I thought that Peter was a complainer. I previously related how Peter had no martial arts experience at all, and how I felt he did not belong in the class because he was not really serious.

I guess that shows how naive or how controlled I was doesn't it?

I was naive to believe that Mike was a man with integrity who would never abuse his position of authority to take advantage of his students.

Or I was controlled in that I thought I would never believe any negative comment about Mike, no matter how insightful and truthful it was.

-----------

Just to keep things fresh, in case Mike is successful in erasing my brain some more, his sex with the women was one of the causes that the group ultimately fell apart. There were too many women to have sex with. Jealousy among them and Mike trying to run the group with all that social interaction going on did not work.

And to make you wonder about the audacity of people, Mike now is associated with a women's organization for Ba Gua.

I would guess he uses it as a harem just like he used the women in the group as a harem.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your guess is correct. Women interested in the group should be aware.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home