Monday, November 28, 2005

The Harem

In the previous post, I mentioned how my doctor Yumiko was infatuated or in awe of Dr G. For new people dropping in, Yumiko is a female doctor. It should come as no surprise that the other women in the class were also infatuated with Dr G.

Previously I described how when I joined the class, it was about 8 men and 20 or so women. I mentioned that Dr G specifically made a point out of seperating the two groups, and pointedly mentioning he was doing it to prevent any kind of sexual interactions that could be misinterpreted.

I didn't care. I wasn't there to flirt with women. I was there to learn Ba Gua and to cure my health problems. I don't know how the other men felt. I never discussed it with them. No one was put out enough by the suggestion to bring it up themselves. George's wife was among the women. She was one of the leading or higher students.

Come to think of it, I DO recall there was another reason for seperating out the men and women. There is a man whose name I have the darndest time remembering. I think it was Chris. He was the one that slammed me for being honest. Chris and one of the women had dated. After time, they stopped dating. Supposedly this created some kind of tension within the group that was undesirable. I think the woman might even have dropped out of class because of the awkwardness of the situation.

Every week, we all showed up. The entire class did the warm ups, then sat down to listen to Dr G give his talk. After 45 minutes or an hour, he would finish and we would all get up and separate into the men's and women's group.

Dr G. would meander over and check up on us. Speak to all of as a group. Maybe say hello, how are you?. Looking back I notice the oddity of the interactions. At the time I didn't pay any attention. Dr G would stay there for a very short times. Sometimes maybe 5 minutes or less. Then he would go over to check on the women.

I have taken martial arts for some time. Women do not belong in martial art classes. They are a distraction, and most of them do not work. Many of them are there because it is an "in" thing, or to hook up with men that are viewed as "tough". In China, traditionally men NEVER taught women. If the women were to learn kung fu, they would learn kung fu from another women who taught a style of kung fu designed for women.

Only a few of the women students were Asian. Maybe one or two. The remainder were mostly caucasian with a maybe 1 or 2 latin women. Only 1 of the Asian women knew kung fu well enough to do it properly. Yumiko. The Japanese women who had done chi kung and kung fu for some time. The majority of the rest of the women were people off the street. Never took a martial art class in their life. They signed up because friends signed them up or some other reason.

This bothered me. To see Dr G go over to spend time with the women, was, in my point of view, a waste. All that instructional talent was going down the drain because the women did not have the necessary training or skill to benefit from Dr G. I watched him go over and walk from woman to woman, talking about this and that. After awhile, I realized what I was seeing.

Dr G was flirting with the women. He did not go over there to give them specialized instruction in kung fu. He went over to play games with them. Just like Yumiko, every single one of the women was infatuated with Dr G. It is very hard to describe this to someone who does not understand kung fu. A strong kung fu man will literally act like a magnet with women. It is not a saying to be funny or clever. There is a literal force of attraction that will pull women to the kung fu man. That is what was going on with Dr G. Those women were unable to resist the pull of his kung fu power.

They all fawned on him. It bothered me because it was wrong. This was a serious kung fu class I was told. Instead of teaching people who could benefit, the men, Dr G was over flirting with women. On top of that, it was even more wrong for Dr G to flirt with them because he understood completely the hold he had over women. He knew it was impossible for them to resist him. Basically he was a like a cat playing with a toy. Using his energy to make this harem of 20 women treat him like a god.

You should keep that in mind. As the story progresses, I am certain you can guess where it will lead.

I will be totally honest and say that I was jealous of the attention that Dr G gave to the women. I wanted him to come over to the group of men and spend 10 minutes or 15 minutes helping us out. As I stated above, Dr G would spend 5 minutes with us after the talk, then he would go to the women's side of the quad.

We would never see him again. I might look up and see him approaching one of the senior students, particularly Jeff. Maybe Lonnie. Otherwise, the talk was about all the men got for the most part.After the class was officially finished, Dr G might spend time talking with us. All the women had left. He had no alternative. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home