Friday, March 18, 2005

Why did I meet Dr G in the first place?

Before I get started in relating my experiences with Dr G, it would be a good idea to describe why I met Dr G.

I was sick. I had been doing MA wrong and had made myself ill. I had gone to a doctor for maybe a year straight trying to find some relief from the problems. I had no luck at all. The doctor might make me feel better for a week or so, then I would feel bad again.

I was desperate and I communicated this desperation to one of the Dr's I was seeing. This Dr said that they might know of someone who could help me. Once I heard this I could not let it go. I insisted that I be able to meet this person because I needed help in a big way.

The person who was reputed to be able to help me was Dr G.

When I spoke to Dr G I said that I was ill and that someone had told me that he could help me. I said that a person had told me that he could correct my practice of martial arts so that I would no longer be ill. There was no doubt as to the motive for my contacting him. I was ill and I needed a Dr.

This is important because in the story that will begin to be unraveled here, you will find that there might have been a miscommunication between Dr G and I. I needed help for a medical problem caused by the incorrect practice of kung fu. I needed my kung fu corrected so that I was no longer making myself sick. Dr G indicated at some point in our relationship that he felt I was there to learn the kung fu that he taught. Not for health reasons but because I wanted to learn what he knew.

This miscommunication lead to a myriad of misunderstandings. Eventually it lead to a situation in which it was made known that my presence was no longer acceptable.

I have made a point of emphasizing this because I think that people either write about relationships out of love and respect for the other or because they have a problem with the other. I have no problem saying that I think I was not treated correctly. One of the things that I learned from Dr G was the importance of honesty. Even if the honesty causes trouble, it will usually be better to be honest.

If people want to believe I have an axe to grind against Dr G, that is OK. I do have an axe to grind to a small degree. I want to air these situations so that I can look at them on a printed page, in black and white, and decide once and for all how I feel about what happened.

Was I treated poorly? Or am I a person with an axe to grind? I don't care what the answer is, I can accept either one.

I also think that it might help anyone else who gets into a similar relationship to read of my experiences. They might be able to avoid the problems I had or follow what worked for me in their own relationships.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home